Makes 4 omelettes
- Besan / gram flour – ½ cup
- Rice flour – 2 tbsp
- Semolina / sooji – 2 tbsp
- Tomatoes – 2
- Onion – ½
- Green chillies – 3-4
- Carom seeds – ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds / cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Ginger paste – 1/2 tsp
- Kasoori methi / dried fenugreek leaves (optional)
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
Watch how to make Tomato Omelette on YouTube;
Tomato Omelette recipe with step-wise pictures
- Chop tomato, onion and green chilies very fine.
- Put chopped stuff into a bowl.
- Add carom seeds, cumin powder, turmeric powder, ginger paste, kasoori methi and salt to taste.
- Then add besan, rice flour and semolina / sooji. Mix well.
- Then add approximately 1 cup of water and mix everything really well. If you want thin and crispy omelettes, keep the batter little bit thin but not very runny. If you prefer thick omelette, then add less water.
- Cover and let it rest on a counter for 15 minutes.
- Heat pan on medium heat.
- Once heated, spread 1-2 tsp of oil all over the pan.
- Pour 1-2 ladleful of batter and spread it evenly.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Due to steam generated inside, front side will also cook a little bit.
- Flip and cook uncovered from other side for a minute or so.
- Take out in a dish and serve hot with tomato sauce.