Serving for -2
Sevai / Shevaya / Vermicelli – 2 cups
Onion (Small sized) – 1 (finely chopped)
Tomato – 1/2 (finely chopped)
Frozen green peas – 1/2 cup
Carrots – 2 (finely chopped)
Green chilies – 4 (finely chopped)
Ginger – 1 inch piece (finely chopped)
Curry leaves – 10-12
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Pinch of asafoetida
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp (Optional)
Ghee / Clarified Butter – 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Some chopped cilantro (For garnishing)
- Heat 1/2 tbsp ghee in a pan on medium heat. Add sevai / vermicelli and roast till they get nice golden color. It may take around 2 minutes. Remove them from pan.
- In the same pan, add remaining 1/2 tbsp ghee / Clarified butter. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, green chilies, ginger, pinch of asafoetida and curry leaves. Let them splutter.
- Add chopped onion and saute till it turns translucent.
- Then add carrots, frozen green peas, turmeric powder and salt to taste. Cook till they turn soft. It may take around 2-3 minutes. Keep stirring in between.
- Finally add roasted sevai, chopped tomato and 1+1/4 cups of water. Mix well and cover the pan. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes till all water gets absorbed by vermicelli.
- Switch off the heat and garnish with cilantro. Serve hot.