Makes 3 medium sized thalipeeth
- Soaked sabudana / tapioca – 1 cup
- 1 potato (mashed)
- Roasted peanuts powder – 2 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – ¾ tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1-2 tsp
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
Watch how to make sabudana thalipeeth on YouTube;
Sabudana Thalipeeth recipe with step-wise pictures
- Soak the tapioca overnight, the same way we do for sabudana khichadi. To see how to soak sabudana, click here – Sabudana khichdi recipe
- In the soaked sabudana, add mashed potato. Then add roasted peanuts powder, red chili powder, cumin seeds, salt to taste and little bit of lemon juice.
- Splash some water to get proper binding.
- Knead to make soft dough.
- Make 3 equal sized balls out of the dough.
- Heat a pan and grease it with a tsp of oil.
- Put few drops of water on aluminium foil and place one ball of the dough.
- Wet your fingers and start flattening it to form a thin circle. Make a small hole in the center (it is optional).
- Now slowly detach thalipeeth from foil and place it in a greased pan.
- Cover and cook for 5-6 minutes on medium heat. The front side will also cook little bit due to steam generated inside.
- Pour few drops of oil on edges and in the center and wait for a minute or so until edges turn crispy. Then flip it to other side.
- Roast from other side for 3-4 minutes on medium heat. Do not cover the pan this time.
- Take it out in a plate and serve hot with plain yogurt and lemon pickle.