Serving for – 3-4
Sabudana / Tapioca – 1 and half cups
Peanuts – 1 cup
Potato – 1 (cut into small pieces)
Green chilies – 4 (finely chopped)
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Some cilantro (finely chopped)
Sugar – 1 tsp (optional)
Ghee / Clarified butter – 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Wash sabudana gently under chilled water and soak for about 40-45 minutes. Then drain out all the water from sabudana and put into a container. Sprinkle very little water on top and close the container. Let it rest overnight or at least for 4 hours. Every grain of tapioca should be separated from each other. If you keep more water while soaking, khichdi will turn sticky.
- To make the roasted peanuts powder, dry roast raw peanuts on low heat till they get slight brown spots. Let them cool down completely.
- Add roasted peanuts into a blender and grind them coarsely.
- Add roasted peanuts powder into soaked sabudana and mix well. Keep it aside.
- Heat butter in a pan. Add cumin seeds and green chilies. Saute for few seconds. Add potato and saute for 2 minutes till they turn tender.
- Add sabudana and roasted peanuts powder mixture and salt to taste. Reduce the heat and keep mixing continuously. Cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Finally add sugar and some chopped cilantro. Mix well and switch off the heat. Serve hot with raita or plain yogurt.