Serves – 5-6
- Cauliflower florets – 2 cups
- Potatoes – 3 (peel and cut into cubes)
- Capsicum – 1 (finely chopped)
- Onions – 3 (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1 (finely chopped)
- Green peas – ¾ cup
- Store baught Pav bhaji masala – 3 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 2 tsp (I used 2 tbsp of kolhapuri kanda lasun chutney)
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Sajuk Tup / ghee(Clarified butter) – 2 tbsp + more for roasting pav bread (Click here for – Homemade sajuk tup recipe)
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Ladi Pav -18 or more (Click here for – Homemade Ladi Pav Recipe)
- Some Chopped cilantro
- Chopped onion
- Nylon sev
- Lemon wedges
- sajuk tup (optional)
How to make quick and easy pav bhaji at home?
- First add cauliflower florets and potato cubes into a pressure cooker with approximately 3 cups of water and salt to taste. Cook until 3 whistles.
- Meanwhile chop onions, tomatoes and capsicum. Make sure you chop everything very fine. You may use food processor to chop them.
- I used simple onion chopper, it was really a great help to me and also a time saver.
- Once the pressure of cooker goes away, open the lid and mash the mixture with hand mixer.
- Now heat up oil in a kadai and add chopped onions. Sprinkle little salt in order to fasten the cooking process. Once the onions are translucent, add ginger garlic paste and sauté for few seconds till raw smell goes away.
- Then add chopped tomato and cook until it gets mashed up with onions.
- Add green peas, chopped capsicum, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, and pav bhaji masala.
- Mix well and cook until peas turn soft. It may take 3-4 minutes. Keep stirring in between.
- Add mashed cauliflower and potato mixture. Mix well and bring it to boil.
- Once it comes to boil, reduce the heat and add sajuk tup (clarified butter) and lime juice.
- Allow it to simmer on low heat for 6-8 minutes and your ‘bhaji’ for ‘pav bhaji’ is ready. Serve with pav bread roasted with some butter.
- Garnish ‘bhaji’ with some chopped onion, tsp of clarified butter, chopped cilantro and nylon sev. Serve hot.
Try out this delicious recipe at your home and let me know how you liked it.