Serves – 3-4
- Radish pods /Mulyachya shenga / Moongre – 2 and ½ cups (around 600 gm)
- Onion (big) – 1 (finely chopped)
- Chana Dal – 2 tbsp (Soak in an enough water for 15-20 minutes)
- Kanda Lasoon Chutney – 3 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Danyache kut / Roasted peanuts powder – 1 tbsp
- Jaggery – 1 inch piece
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
How to make moolyachya shenga chi bhaji?
- Clean and chop radish pods into medium sized pieces.
- In a heated pan, roast radish pods until they get brown spots on them. Add 2 tsp of oil and again roast for couple of minutes.
- Heat up 1 and ½ tbsp of oil in pan. Once oil is hot enough, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds, Let them crackle nicely.
- Then add onion and sauté till translucent.
- Add radish pods, kanda lasun chutney, turmeric powder, and salt to taste.
- Mix and cook for a minute.
- Add 1 and ½ cups of water and mix. Cook covered for 5-6 minutes.
- When the radish pods are half done, add soaked chana dal and cook covered for 5-6 minutes until both are completely cooked. Keep stirring in between.
- Finally add danyache kut / roasted peanuts powder and little jaggery. Mix and cook for a minute and bhaji is ready.
- Serve this mulyachi bhaji along with ‘jowar bhakari’ or ‘chapati’.