This recipe makes approx 25 medium sized vade
This is an old recipe which my mom has noted down from somewhere when I was newborn. She is following this recipe till now without failure. If you keep flour ready in advance then you can make them quickly. Kombdi vade with sukhe chicken and tambda rassa is a mouth-watering combo that you can offer to your guests and I am sure they will not forget this Finger Licking treat for a long time.
- Rice – 3 cups
- Urad dal – ½ cup
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
- Some black peppercorns
- Fenugreek seeds – ½ tsp
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
How to make Kombdi vade / Malvani vade / Tandalache vade?
For video instructions, please watch video on YouTube;
- First step is to make flour. For that rinse the rice really well and drain out all the water.
- Spread it on a cotton cloth to dry. Once rice is dried completely, grind it with urad dal, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, black peppercorns and fenugreek seeds. You may grind it at home or in a grinding mill.
- In the sifted flour, add turmeric powder and salt to taste.
- Then add around a cup of boiling water to flour and mix it well with any spatula or spoon. Cover and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and start kneading the dough by adding little water at a time. Consistency of the dough should be little bit stiff. Cover the dough and let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a kadai for frying.
- Grease your hands with little bit of oil. Take small portion of a dough and make it round. Apply few drops of oil on a plastic bag and place dough ball on it. Now pat it evenly from all the sides to form a circle. Keep it little bit on thicker side.
- Put it in the hot oil and fry it nicely from both the sides until golden brown.
- Take out on a paper towel.
- Serve hot with malvani chicken curry or tambda rassa and sukhe chicken.