To make 25-30 medium sized fritters
Kakdi / Cucumber – 4
Rice flour – 1 cup
Gram flour / Besan – 1/2 cup
Onion – 1
Green chilies – 5
Cloves of garlic (big) – 2
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Cumin powder – 1 tsp
Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
Carom seeds / ajwain – 1 tsp
Baking soda – a pinch
salt to taste
Oil for frying
- Grind the ginger, garlic and green chilies together and keep it aside.
- Wash the cucumbers well and cut off the stems. Then grate them.
- Add ground ginger, garlic and green chilies paste. Then add turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala, chopped onion and salt to taste. Mixture will lose lot’s of water. So there is no need to add extra water to make the batter.
- Add gram flour and rice flour. Mix this up really well. Finally add pinch of baking soda and batter is ready.
- Drop a spoonful of batter in a hot oil. You can fry 8-10 fritters at a time. Fry them nicely till they get nice brown color from both the sides.
- Transfer them onto a paper towel.
- Serve them hot with any chutney or tomato ketchup.