- Sorghum flour – 1 and ½ cups (enough to make 3 big sized flatbreads)
- Water as needed
Watch video on YouTube;
How to make Jwarichi Bhakri (Jowar ki Roti/Sorghum Flatbread)?
- Sift Sorghum (jowar) flour.Take out some flour to use later for dusting.
- Start kneading the dough by adding little water at a time.As this flour is very finely ground, regular tap water is used for kneading, otherwise pour hot water and mix it with a spoon and then knead it to form soft dough.
- Take small portion of dough and sprinkle little water. Knead again nicely to form soft dough.
- Make a big sized ball and flatten it little bit using your palms.
- Dust the surface with some sifted sorghum flour and start patting to form a circle.
- Keep the thickness as per your liking. The roti shown here is pretty thin.
- Place bhakri on a preheated tawa / griddle and spread water all over it.
- Once the water starts to evaporate, flip it and cook from other side.
- Cook for a minute or two until it gets some brown dots and cooks completely.
- Now put it directly on a gas flame and allow it to puff.
- Bhakri is ready. Serve it hot with any sabzi or curry.