Servings – 4
- Sabudana / Tapioca – 3 cups
- Roasted peanuts powder – 1 and 1/2 cups
- Potato – 1 (cut into small pieces)
- Green chilies – 4-5 (finely chopped)
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Some cilantro (finely chopped)
- Sugar – 2 tsp (optional)
- ‘Sajuk Tup’ / Clarified butter – 2-3 tbsp (Check out recipe of sajuk tup here- http://maharashtrian-recipes-online.com/sajuk-tup-recipehomemade-ghee-or-clarified-butter-made-from-malai-recipe-with-step-by-step-pictures/)
- Salt to taste
How to make Sabudana Khichdi?
Watch video on YouTube;
- Wash sabudana and drain out all the water from it.
- Now pour water just above the level of tapioca and cover it. Soak overnight or at least for 4 hours. Every grain of tapioca should be separated from each other.
- Peel potato and cut it into small pieces. Cut green chilies into small pieces.
- On a low heat, dry roast peanuts until they turn brown.
- Grind roasted peanuts to a coarse powder and mix with soaked tapioca.
- In a heated kadai, add sajuk tup.
- Once butter is hot enough, add cumin seeds, green chillies and potato. Fry potato until tender.
- Now start adding little mixture of tapioca and roasted peanuts powder at a time and keep mixing.
- Add salt to taste.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook covered for 8-10 minutes until it gets nice steam.
- Finally sprinkle sugar and fresh coriander leaves.
- Mix well and cook covered again for a minute.
- Serve hot with plain yogurt.