- Green tomatoes – 3 (Cut into cubes)
- Green chillies – 3-4 (Cut into small pieces)
- Cloves of garlic – 8
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Jaggery – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Some cilantro (finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
How to make Green Tomato Chutney?
- Add tomatoes in a heated pan. Dry roast them until they get brown spots. Add a tbsp of oil and roast nicely for 2-3 minutes until tomatoes are tender.
- Add green chillies, garlic, ginger, and cumin seeds. Cook for a minute.
- Switch of the heat and allow mixture to cool down.
- Add into blender along with jaggery, cilantro, salt and little water.
- Blend together to a fine paste and chutney is ready to serve.
- Serve with phulka or use this chutney to make a sandwich.