Watch video on YouTube;
Yields around 1 cup of Kharda / Thecha
- Fresh green chillies – 35-40
- Garlic cloves – 15-20
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Some fresh coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
How to make mirchi cha thecha / Kharda ?
- Wash green chilies and pat dry them.
- Remove end parts and cut them into 2 inch pieces.
- In a heated kadai, dry roast chilies on medium heat until they get some brown dots.
- Add oil and allow chilies to roast for 3-4 minutes until they turn really soft. Keep stirring constantly.
- Now make a valley in the middle and add cumin seeds. Let them fry a little bit.
- Then add garlic cloves and sauté for a minute.
- Finally add some fresh coriander leaves.
- Switch off the heat and allow this mixture to cool down.
- In a mortar and pestle, add prepared mixture along with some salt and grind to a coarse paste. Kharda / mirchi cha thecha is ready.
- For extra flavor, you may squeeze some fresh lemon juice in it.
- Put it in a jar and store in a refrigerator.
- Pour a dollop of ‘sajuk tup’ (clarified butter) on this kharda and serve with ‘jwarichi bhakri’.