- 1 head of cauliflower (Separate florets and wash them well)
- Fresh or frozen green peas – ¼ cup
- 3-4 green chillies (very finely chopped)
- Ginger and garlic paste – 1 tsp each
- 1 small sized tomato (cut into cubes)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp goda masala
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
Watch How to make Flower chi bhaji on YouTube;
Flower chi Bhaji recipe with step-wise pictures
- Add 1 tbsp of oil in a pan.
- When it is warm, add cumin seeds, tomato, green chillies, ginger and garlic and pinch of asafoetida or hing and mix it really well.
- Cook the tomato until soft. Then add ¼ tsp of turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add cauliflower florets and salt to taste.
- Mix well and cook covered for 3-4 minutes or more if needed.
- When cauliflower is almost cooked, add green peas and goda masala. If you are using fresh peas, add them before you cook cauliflower.
- Cook for couple of minutes on low heat.
- Switch off the heat and garnish it with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot with phulka or chapati, dal and rice.