Adapted from – khadyabhramanti.com
Serves – 2-3
- Chicken – ½ kg (*remove the skin and cut into medium sized pieces, wash them really well and drain the water)
- Onions – 3 (finely chopped)
- Bay leaves – 3-4
- Garlic – 8-9 cloves (coarsely ground)
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – ¼ tsp
- Garam masala – 2 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp (or use 3-4 cinnamon sticks)
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – ½ tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
How to make Chicken Bhandari?
- Add red chilli powder, garam masala, turmeric powder, asafoetida, cinnamon powder and salt into the chicken and mix it really well.
- Make sure each piece of chicken is coated with masala. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Once oil is heated, add bay leaves, cumin seeds and garlic. Saute for few seconds until raw smell from garlic goes away.
- Then add onion and sauté till translucent.
- Add marinated chicken.
- Mix well.
- Add 2-3 cups of water and mix.
- Cook covered for 20-25 minutes on medium heat until chicken is tender.
- Reduce the heat to low and add lemon juice. Mix and simmer curry for next 10 minutes.
- Switch off the heat and serve hot with bhakri or chapati and rice.