Serves – 3-4
- Capsicum – 5-6 (medium sized)
- Besan (gram flour) – 1 cup
- Onion – 1
- Cloves of garlic – 5-6
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Kanda Lasun chutney – 3 tsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp
- Oil – 1 and 1/2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
How to make Bhopli mirchi chi bhaji?
- Cut capsicum into half and remove seeds. Wash them thoroughly under cold running water to remove leftover seeds if any.
- Cut into small cubes and keep aside.
- Chop the onion into fine pieces and also mince the garlic.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard and cumin seeds. Allow them to crackle nicely.
- Add onion and sauté till translucent.Add minced garlic and sauté till raw smell from it goes away.
- Then add capsicum, turmeric powder and salt to taste. Mix and cook covered for 2-3 minutes.
- Add kanda lasun masala and again cook for couple of minutes until capsicum is ¾ done.
- Sift the besan little by little directly into a pan and keep mixing continuously.Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes on low heat. Keep stirring in between.
- Add lemon juice and mix.
- Switch off the heat and serve hot with ‘phulka’ or ‘chapati’.